The sales kickoff events are over, 1/3 of Q1 is behind us therefore, if you haven’t already, NOW is the time to put your game plan in place to over achieve your revenue targets in 2010.
Here are 5 questions to ask yourself and your team as you plan for success in 2010.
- What are your quantifiable (numbers) personal and sales goals for 2010? How will you achieve them? Have you identified which prospects/accounts you will target this year?
This should be number one on everyone’s list since everything else comes out of it.
- What will you do differently this year to bring about your success?
If you do the same things over again, you will get the same results as before.
- What self-accountability system do you plan to use to make sure that you stay motivated and on track beyond the first Quarter? How do you maintain your sales focus?
(Have you considered working with a sales coach?)
- What are your team’s areas of weakness in product knowledge, your market and selling skills and what will you do to overcome them?
Identify these early so you can put an improvement plan in place so these weaknesses don’t affect your sales this year. Ask yourself and your team constantly, “What is our value to our customers and prospects?”
- What continuing education have you established for yourself and your team to ensure continuing growth?
If you’re not growing, you risk becoming out of date. That’s just a fact.
If you haven’t set your goals for the coming month, quarter and year, take the time to DO IT NOW, make sure you write them down, or you’ll always be at the mercy of your environment like a boat hoping the current will bring it safely into the harbor.
“We are not creatures of circumstance; we are creators of circumstance.”
To your success,